News:

Welcome to the new Frugal Moms Forums!

Main Menu

Forum Sections...

Started by MsMarieH, Dec 31, 2022, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMarieH

This is a good chance to consolidate some of the forums which were redundant from the old site, so I am not looking to completely replicate the forums. However, there are some sections I would like to see here.

Could we add:

Recipes - I would like to copy over a bunch of recipes from the old site (at least my own)
Not sure what to call it, but: Home/Utilities/Etc.
Maybe Holidays and Celebrations?

Kim, what do you think?

Also, if you would like to make me an administrator, I would be happy to help you as needed.

davidsdesire

i could also help if needed. 

Kimberly Gordon

We have a Cooking board, but we could make a Food/Kitchen section like Fractured has and move the Cooking board there, add Recipes board, and whatever else we need.

I want to keep things simple too, but food is such a huge part of frugal living that it may need its own category. I have two sections on the website for food- one is Meals (planning, OAMC, etc) and the other is Recipes. We could do something similar here.

Totally open to suggestions. Would love to get as much relevant content moved over from the old site as we can.

Kimberly Gordon

I can rename Holidays to Holidays & Celebrations-DONE

For Home/Utlities- maybe some kind of DIY/home improvement board?

Kimberly Gordon

Added Food section and moved stuff there.
Tried category descriptions, but they looked too busy. Took them out. Trying to keep things easy on the eyes. None of us are getting younger, LOL

Kimberly Gordon

I'm still messing around with boards, deleting,merging, creating. Bear with me.

crazylady aka Susan

I just joined from Fractured.  Going to go play around on the site.  Thank you, Kim, for doing this.
Susan

Wife to Dale.  Mom to three and Grammy to two

MsMarieH

It's looking great Kim!

mev

Is it possible to bring over or start a new thread--I forgot what it's called, but I think Marie or maybe DD started it on F3: Something like 23 things to accomplish in 2023?

Kimberly Gordon

Quote from: mev on Jan 01, 2023, 11:16 AMIs it possible to bring over or start a new thread--I forgot what it's called, but I think Marie or maybe DD started it on F3: Something like 23 things to accomplish in 2023?

Whoever started it is welcome to start it over here. Any posts on it need to be reposted here by the  author of that particular post. Could also quote/credit the person posting if they are not over here. We want to give credit where credit is due :)

mev

It was Davidsdesire that posted the thread 23 in 23.  I have my post copied and saved.  I thought about starting with just my post and others could add but wasn't sure where to put it!  DD if you want to jump in go ahead

crazylady aka Susan

I was going to ask the same thing!
Susan

Wife to Dale.  Mom to three and Grammy to two

mev

Quote from: mev on Jan 01, 2023, 12:47 PMIt was Davidsdesire that posted the thread 23 in 23.  I have my post copied and saved.  I thought about starting with just my post and others could add but wasn't sure where to put it!  DD if you want to jump in go ahead

Unless we want to wait until this board is set up with membership to post that content.  What do you all think??

Kimberly Gordon

I will go ahead and turn off public viewing to anything except the Welcome Center so that everyone can start moving things over.

MsMarieH

Hey Kim, just throwing this out there to consider...

Is it really necessary to have a baking section versus just putting the baking recipes in the recipes section? Perhaps add a General Cooking subforum for all the other stuff cooking related we might talk about? What do you think? Just seems a little redundant to me and if I were looking for recipes later, I couldn't be sure if it ended up in baking or recipes.