News:

Welcome to the new Frugal Moms Forums!

Main Menu

Where/Who are We Now?

Started by davidsdesire, Dec 29, 2022, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsdesire

I joined frugal moms way back in 1999.  At the time I had one kid, one husband, a job and lived in Texas.

Flash forward: 

Different Husband
all kids grown and gone now-5 kids between dh and me---8 grandkids. 
we snowbird in Chautauqua NY in summer and Orlando FL in the winter.

retirement is my happy place.  :)

Kimberly Gordon

I got divorced in 2007, remarried in 2010, and had two more kids. My older three, who were small when I started the original FMs, are all grown. Oldest is 32 and in the Air Force, middle one is a Marine and will be 30 next year and youngest of that batch is 25. Hard to believe!

I also have two grandkids I haven't met yet. One was born in Okinawa and then my son and daughter in law migrated back in the middle of COVID restrictions, ending up far away. Hopefully we can see them soon.

I've lived in my 100 year old farmhouse for 10 years now. We're on our second flock of chickens, and have way too many cats.  I've written 12 books - 1 small town romance, 6 superhero urban fantasy novels, 4 children's books, and an anthology which I may launch on a Kickstarter next year. Trying to learn all the things that go along with indie publishing. There are many hats.

I was an IT professional for 15 years and came home last year. I've been homeschooling my youngest boys (now 12 and 9) since 2020, tag teaming with my husband.  One is gifted, the other is autistic, like one of my older boys.

2022 was difficult, but we got through it. My husband went through four jobs and four cars (he's a master mechanic and drives REALLY old ones.) I didn't have a car during the week for most of the year, because hubs kept having to take it. I was recently gifted my grandparents' minivan (their estate has finally been settled, took forever.) It's 20 years old, but looks brand new and only has 40k miles on it. I love it! And now that I can go places, it's either too cold or I really don't want to spend the money, lol. Funny how that works!

Rogue2

Joined back in 1999, I think. Divorced, remarried, kids grown now and living in Tulsa!

MP

I joined in 2000, when my second child was almost a year old.  My third child, who just turned 21, was my frugal baby.  Then I had two more.  I was a SAHM until last year.  I'm a cafeteria worker now.  Same husband, same house.

MsMarieH

I joined the Fractured Frugal Forum in 2009 and have loved being a part of the family. I look forward to continuing our conversations and sharing our daily lives here.

Jersette

Hi, all!

I joined probably in 2002 or so. I was the ultimate lurker on Fractured; I maybe posted twice? Don't ask me why—I guess I thought I was too boring. I will try to actually jump in now, because I love reading about everyone's lives and ideas!

Anyway, I'm divorced with an adult daughter and I retired in June after 34 years with my company (so I really need to be frugal now!).

I love theater, music, and saving money!

Michelle

Whoa! Hey Gals!
I joined back in 1998 or 99 maybe?? As ClaysMom. Then I became just Michelle on Fractured, which is what I still am. 24 years later and 4 kids total! Seriously needing to get back to frugality and saving money!
January Grocery Challenge: $404.05/280
February Grocery Challenge: $103/400

davidsdesire

Quote from: Jersette on Dec 30, 2022, 11:17 AMHi, all!

I joined probably in 2002 or so. I was the ultimate lurker on Fractured; I maybe posted twice? Don't ask me why—I guess I thought I was too boring. I will try to actually jump in now, because I love reading about everyone's lives and ideas!

Anyway, I'm divorced with an adult daughter and I retired in June after 34 years with my company (so I really need to be frugal now!).

I love theater, music, and saving money!

Welcome!  I look forward to getting to know you. 

34 years...wow...that's a lonnnng time.  What do you do with your days now?   I keep saying I'm much busier in retirement than i was when I worked.

Jersette

QuoteWhat do you do with your days now?  I keep saying I'm much busier in retirement than i was when I worked

I'm still working on that, DD! It's a big adjustment. I am trying a lot of new recipes, reading more, and I do volunteer usher at one of the larger theaters in the are. I definitely need to be more busier, though.

davidsdesire

i was afraid that david would be lost when he retired but he has really taken to it well, even in the midst of a pandemic. He swims daily if he can, reads...i've just started sending him off to NYC to attend performances of the Met.  He buys 2 tickets and invites one or another of our kids.  He's going Jan 25 and he'll also take a grandson to Lion King on Broadway.  It's working out well...and I get a few days of alone time which i love. 

He feels like he should be volunteering in some capacity but we travel so much that it's hard. 

Kimberly Gordon

Welcome back, everyone! This feels like a family reunion. It's wonderful to "see" you all again here after so long!

crazylady aka Susan

I was part of Frugal Moms and then Fractured.  Just jumped over here.

Married to hubby for 35 years.  Three adult children.  Grammy to two grandsons. 
Susan

Wife to Dale.  Mom to three and Grammy to two

mev

Hi all! 

I got my first PC in 1999 and joined Frugal Moms shortly after, either 1999 or 2000.  I live in Ohio.

I am married for 33 years.  I have one daughter who is almost 29 yrs old.  She was in kindergarten when I got our first PC!  She is an Art Director and is working remote after working a few years for a local agency as a graphic designer. She is engaged to be married in 2024.

ahmom

ahmom- I have no clue when I joined the group. fm's.
2 dd's. 36 and 31. They both are doing good. We have a 4 m/o grandson.
DH is retired.
We live in the same house as we did since 1988.

davidsdesire

Quote from: davidsdesire on Dec 29, 2022, 05:17 PMI joined frugal moms way back in 1999.  At the time I had one kid, one husband, a job and lived in Texas.

actually...that is wrong.  I had one kid at home...I had 2 others but they were grown and gone.  In the intervening years, I've lost my oldest boy--lymphoma.  Worst heartbreak of my life.  Worst.